miercuri, 1 iulie 2020

Movie quotes: Always a bridesmaid 2019


Movie quotes: Always a bridesmaid 2019

Corina James [played by Javicia Leslie]: "Millennials are altering the codes of marriage and we've been all warned. Millennials, dismiss matrimony at your own peril".
I've heard it all and I call BS. Look, you can blame our generation for a lot of things, but if the wedding industry is in a slump, my friends didn't get the memo. We are all in, even if we don't know exactly what we're doing. I should know. I'm a pro at bridal madness. No, I'm not a wedding planner. I'm a real expert, a bridesmaid - always a bridesmaid.
Corina: Most consistent male presence I have in my life and you're a fish.
Corina's father, Carlton Blakeston Sr. [played by Richard Lawson]: In my day, it was impolite to enter an office without knocking, especially one occupied by the president of the company that you work for.
Corina: Well, my father says life's too short to follow rules. That's how he built a publishing company from the ground up.

Janelle Devereaux [played by Amber Chardae Robinson]: Classic nesting syndrome. You stay in a safe, unfulfilling job at your father's company so that you can place the blame on him for being stuck there.

She needs to finally practice radical self-love.
- At some point, you have to stop people-pleasing and please yourself.
   Yeah, girl, when you got a minute to yourself late a night, run that shower-head full blast.
- Yes, maybe that, but, also, you need to start dating.
   And they're right about you. Even in college, you were on every sorority committee, doing the most.
Trust me, it's okay to say no sometimes for your own sanity.