marți, 8 ianuarie 2013

Elvis Presley quotes



Elvis Presley quotes


About …

ambition – Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.
beauty – The most beautiful thing in the world to me is a baby lookin' as pretty as her mama.
childhood – (while receiving "Ten Outstanding Young Men of the Nation Award")
When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was the hero of the comic book. I saw movies, and I was the hero in the movie. So every dream I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times...I learned very early in life that: 'Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend -- without a song.' So I keep singing a song. Goodnight. Thank you.
childhood – I never felt poor. There were always shoes to wear and food to eat - yet I knew there were things my parents did without just to make sure I was clothed and fed.
childhood – We were an affectionate family. My mother was the most wonderful person in the world. I always felt a little bit lonely --- maybe a better word would be 'incomplete' --- when I was little. But I could tell my mother about it, how I felt and then the feeling would go away. I suppose it might have been different if my brother had lived. But he didn't live, and I grew up alone. I guess my mother --- and my father, too, of course -- were trying to make up for that by giving me enough love for both.
dancing – Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it you have it all over.
death – I don't know why she had to go so young. But it made me think about death. I don't feel I'll live a long life. That's why I have to get what I can from every day.
his mother – My mother, she never really wanted anything. She stayed the same through it all. There are a lot of things that's happened since she passed away. I wish she could have been around to see them. It would have made her very happy and proud, but that's life, and I can't help it.
hobbies – I enjoy reading. I don't usually read the type of books other people read. I read a lot of philosophy and some poetry. I just read a book 'Leaves of Gold.' It's by different people and their different philosophies on life and death. This type of stuff interests me, getting these different people's opinions.
Hollywood – Hollywood had lost sight of the basics. They're a lot of fancy talkers who like to pigeonhole you.
humor – I have no use for bodyguards, but I have a very special use for two highly trained certified public accountants.
illusions – The image is one thing and the human being is another. It's very hard to live up to an image.
memories – Then I can sit on my back porch at Graceland and remember the good ol' days.
movies – Only the only thing worse than watching a bad movie is being in one.
movies – When I was a boy, I always saw myself as a hero in comic books and in movies. I grew up believing this dream.
music – Music should be something that makes you gotta move, inside or outside.
music – My voice is God's will, not mine.
music – People ask me where I got my singing style. I didn't copy my style from anybody. Country music was always an influence on my kind of music.
philosophy – You only pass through this life once; you don't come back for an encore.
stage performance – A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business … live concerts.
success – I'm so lucky to be in the position to give. It's really a gift to give.
talent – Talent is being able to sell what you're feeling.