marți, 8 ianuarie 2013

Elvis Presley quotes



Elvis Presley quotes


About …

ambitionAmbition is a dream with a V8 engine.
beautyThe most beautiful thing in the world to me is a baby lookin' as pretty as her mama.
childhood(while receiving "Ten Outstanding Young Men of the Nation Award")
When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was the hero of the comic book. I saw movies, and I was the hero in the movie. So every dream I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times...I learned very early in life that: 'Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend -- without a song.' So I keep singing a song. Goodnight. Thank you.
childhood – I never felt poor. There were always shoes to wear and food to eat - yet I knew there were things my parents did without just to make sure I was clothed and fed.
childhoodWe were an affectionate family. My mother was the most wonderful person in the world. I always felt a little bit lonely --- maybe a better word would be 'incomplete' --- when I was little. But I could tell my mother about it, how I felt and then the feeling would go away. I suppose it might have been different if my brother had lived. But he didn't live, and I grew up alone. I guess my mother --- and my father, too, of course -- were trying to make up for that by giving me enough love for both.
dancing – Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it you have it all over.
death – I don't know why she had to go so young. But it made me think about death. I don't feel I'll live a long life. That's why I have to get what I can from every day.
his motherMy mother, she never really wanted anything. She stayed the same through it all. There are a lot of things that's happened since she passed away. I wish she could have been around to see them. It would have made her very happy and proud, but that's life, and I can't help it.
hobbies – I enjoy reading. I don't usually read the type of books other people read. I read a lot of philosophy and some poetry. I just read a book 'Leaves of Gold.' It's by different people and their different philosophies on life and death. This type of stuff interests me, getting these different people's opinions.
HollywoodHollywood had lost sight of the basics. They're a lot of fancy talkers who like to pigeonhole you.
humorI have no use for bodyguards, but I have a very special use for two highly trained certified public accountants.
illusionsThe image is one thing and the human being is another. It's very hard to live up to an image.
memoriesThen I can sit on my back porch at Graceland and remember the good ol' days.
moviesOnly the only thing worse than watching a bad movie is being in one.
moviesWhen I was a boy, I always saw myself as a hero in comic books and in movies. I grew up believing this dream.
musicMusic should be something that makes you gotta move, inside or outside.
music My voice is God's will, not mine.
music People ask me where I got my singing style. I didn't copy my style from anybody. Country music was always an influence on my kind of music.
philosophyYou only pass through this life once; you don't come back for an encore.
stage performanceA live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business … live concerts.
successI'm so lucky to be in the position to give. It's really a gift to give.
talentTalent is being able to sell what you're feeling.