marți, 8 ianuarie 2013

Seducing Mr. Perfect 2006 quotes



Korean drama Seducing Mr. Perfect 2006  
aka Seducing Mr. Robin quotes

What exactly is this 'true love' you're referring to? / Like being hit in the heart by a bullet … do you know that feeling? True love means to share your hearts and not be lonely, to be warm, happy, that sort of thing. / There's no such thing. / There is!     

Why have I been dumped 3 times now? / Because you don't know the rules. The rules of the game. / Love isn't like playing Star craft, you know. / Yes, it is. / It's actually a game that requires even greater precision and planning. A game of power. Manipulations of emotions to control the mind … That's the game. oh, it is a game. It's a game where the one who display affection first, give up total control and goes around like a dog on a collar. In relationships, you were the one to call first and he was the one to hang up first, right? And when you got together you'd always run to him and you always give him gifts on anniversaries, only you, right? / Right?

How did you know that? / I know because these are the consequences of dating without any self respect. That's how I know.

A woman who was just dumped needs a shoulder to cry on, not a critic. 'It's not your fault.' 'He just wasn't the right guy for you'. A friend who can say this.
Nice people are boring.

In most wars, the weapons are guns and missiles. But in this kind of war [men vs. women], they're the newest hairstyles and dresses. A beautiful weapon that will make the enemy's heart pound.

Mrs. June, is that your grandmother's dress? It's very similar to my grandmother's pajamas.
If physical warfare is ineffective, turn to psychological warfare … request his counsel on difficult matters and bring out his soft side …

Last time you said love is a game. Teach me the rules of the game. / I can't do that. It's because it's impossible to upgrade from a 386 system to a Pentium. Your brain might stop functioning, from a fatal error. / Are you telling me that my brain is a 386? / When a piece of stock has no future, you have to know when to cut your losses and when to sell. Relationships are the same, if there's nothing left to salvage, you cut your losses and you sell.  

I just feel sorry for him. / You see that. That is another reason why men leave you. Your indecisiveness, you're being overly sensitive, will not only damage your love life, but your career as well.

Love. Romance. Sounds great when you're young. But later, money is love and money is romance.

Women have a sort of antenna that men don't know about.

You need technique, even for love.

… a love without losing self-respect

Self respect. I didn't know you had any to begin with. [a man to a woman]

He: Love is a game of power, a manipulation of emotions: Don't answer the phone. Make him call you 3 times. If he really wants to see you, he will call until you answer; You choose, he pays; Smiles, compliments, gestures – you are only feeding his ego. If he already has a big ego, you need to deflate it with some shock therapy; Having sex with him now is like handing him the game; If you want to be treated like a queen, then act like one. How you train you opponent is up to you.

People always change.   

I wish you could remain my pleasure bunny forever. [a man to a woman]

She: I guess manipulating people isn't fun. It's tiring and kind of hard. … What if, in manipulating people, we lose the pleasure of an honest conversation? Why use manipulation if we can't discover one's true feelings? Have you been happy in that sort of relationship? The funny thing is, after all that's happened I still miss the old me. Instead of calculating, I want to be honest. Instead of receiving, I want to give. Instead of hiding, to let out all my feelings… 

She to her father: Dad, I think my head is messed up. Some guy completely blew up at me, but it felt like he said he loves. He was screaming at me, but it sounded like a sweet whisper. What's wrong with me? / The father: What's wrong? You're in love with him, that's all. / She: No, Dad. I'm not in love with him. I don't like him. / The father: Yeah? Then I guess he's in love with you. / She: No, that can't be it, either. The father: How do you know? Have you asked him? / She: I haven't, but anyway it can't be true. He's too cold to me. / The father: You silly girl. Words do not always express one's feelings. Your mom says my face makes her sick, but do you believe it? You have to read the eyes! People can lie with words, but not with their eyes.

Changing the name of the company is like changing the names of all the employees.