duminică, 2 decembrie 2012

Flower Boy Ramyun Shop quotes

Korean drama Flower Boy Ramyun Shop 2011 quotes


Note:  Ramen is Japanese. Ramyeon 라면 is the Korean version.
Note: Every episode has a different title.

Ep 1For whom the bell tolls
The only thing you can trust is your fruitless efforts and the strength of your butt.
Agasshi [young lady], you picked the ringing bell card ... A card of destiny. The card that states that bells will ring when you meet the person you're destined to be with.
Everyday life and death is a constant battle in some places. [from a documentary about animals]
They say good looking bums are all fad these days.
25 years old – an aged that called the Christmas age because it's 25. It's an age where you realize that dating isn't that sweet and that bells don't ring when you kiss.
Despite how hard life gets, you should sit down and eat.

Ep 2The legend of the prince
Have you ever seen an owner running in his own company?
Is ramyun a cigarette? How dare you eat it while standing slouched?
She: A heart isn't some revolving door where a bunch of people can go in and out./ He: Feelings are the easiest thing in the world. It opens up once you close your eyes. And not a revolving door, but like a merry-go-round. It's a thing that can be enjoyed by many people happily.

Ep 3The return of the temperamental girl
I couldn't die because I wanted to ask you why you're late before I died.
[tip for boys] Tell her that her mole is pretty. Because no matter how unbelievable her face may be, most moles do look cute. After you tell her she's pretty, she'' be quiet for about 5 seconds./ Then what do I do after those 5 seconds?/ Lay a kiss on her forehead. That should keep her quiet for about a week. Losing a sleep on her own. / But why on the forehead? Why not just on the lips? / You need to do it on the forehead ... so it seems honest.
From now on don't you dare move a finger in front of me. Behind me, don't even step on my shadow.        
If it's Eun Bi, she can do it.

Ep 4A scent of a man
A car left by a woman typically goes forever.
I don't know who that guy is, but I'm sure he's better than you. Better than a high schooler that only smells of perfume … Does sweat have a name too ?!?

Ep 5If it's Eun-bi … (Eun-bi Ramyun)
Of course, that kind […] of communication is a necessity for a healthy couple.
My name is like Dokdo [is an island over which Korea and Japan have differing views of ownership. Called 'Dokdo' in Korean and 'Takeshima' in Japanesse]. If you mess up just one syllable, you're kicked out of Korea forever.
He: Actually, I don't really like doing that. I think it's annoying. It annoying me to death to take off my clothes … then taking off women's clothing … […] If it's you, I'm not sure. If it's you. No matter how annoying it is, I think we can do it together. If it's Yang Eun-bi.   
Nothing is impossible to that woman's arm. If it's that woman, it's possible!
He: Because of you, not even a thousand doctors could explain it … They say I have an emotional disorder from anger repression. Me! Cha Chi Soo!      
He said that simmering ramyun is simmering people's hearts, like is saying 'Everything is possible'.

Ep 6Un unspeakable secret
They say every finger hurts if you bite them.

Ep 7Flower Boy Ramyun Shop
To overcome trauma, you need to keep confronting the source of your shock.
Childish things are strangely appealing.
It isn't appropriate for a child to play where adults are working.

Ep 8A universal song
She: I'm halfway to fifty! Do you think I'd care about an ex-boyfriend at my age?

Ep 9You insulted me as a man

Ep 10A street 'Chwa' named Desire
Do you know what happens if you try to eat caviar [the m.a.n.] on top of plain rice [the w.o.m.a.n]? You become laughable, like your father. Women that smell holey don't like men that smell like money. No matter what, in the end, she will just go back to her own town. 
A woman's insides are a little more complicated than a man's.

Ep 11Can you interpret love?
If a man can't even make ramyun soup bubble, how can he make my heart bubble?
The heart isn't a place for thinking. It's a place that bubbles with warmth on its own accord.

Ep 12Yang Eun Bi and the Flower Boys

Ep 13Gloomy Sunday
Love is like … shopping. You have to try it on to see if you can tell if it's meant for you or not.   
They said a lion can eat grass too.

Ep 14Makjang vs. Purity [makjang = overused clichéd storylines for plot twists]
Pure heart … is something for those who have nothing to lose and nothing to claim responsibility for.

Ep 15Nothing happened
A person has to be stable himself … to be able to make the right judgments.
I had a dream last night. It was a really funny dream, but it was also a sad dream./ People call dreams like that 'dog dreams'.
Princess who step out of their castles, only become nuisance to others.

Ep 16Heart is boiling
No matter how the world changes … there are things that you need to protect. Even though you can change your car … you don't change love. No matter how cruel the world becomes … love shouldn’t become cruel.
A hero is supposed to leave without a word.
He: To me, being with you every day like this is Christmas.
She: Why didn't you contact me? Why didn't you write me back? Why didn't you call me? He: Because I was afraid I'd want to see you if I heard your voice. Because If I saw you … I'd want to hold you. Because if I held you … I'd want to do more.               

The end: There are many different kinds of ramen in the world. Bland ramen for not figuring out the amount of ramen right. Salty ramen with the broth reduced because the flames were too high. Ramen that was made a long time ago and that's all soggy and swollen. Ramen that's just started boiling and is still unfinished. And … cup ramen that's eaten alone. The important thing isn't about what kind of ramen you eat. The most important thing when you eat ramen is … timing. This moment. if your heart is starting to boil up because of someone … that moment … is the best moment ... Other things … aren't very important. It's the most delicious … to eat ramen … when it starts to boil over.