vineri, 18 aprilie 2014

Quotes by Charlie Chaplin



Charlie Chaplin quotes


A day without laughter is a day wasted.
A man's true character comes out when he's drunk.
A tramp, a gentleman, a poet, a dreamer, a lonely fellow, always hopeful of romance and adventure.

Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference.

Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.

I am at peace with God. My conflict is with Man.
I am for people. I can't help it.
I have no further use for America. I wouldn't go back there if Jesus Christ was President.
I suppose that's one of the ironies of life doing the wrong thing at the right moment.
In the end, everything is a gag.

My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.

Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Remember, you can always stoop and pick up nothing.

To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!

We might as well die as to go on living like this.
What do you want a meaning for? Life is a desire, not a meaning.
Words are cheap. The biggest thing you can say is 'elephant'.

Quotes from the movie The great dictator

Dictators free themselves, but enslave the people.
Sometimes we think too much and feel too little.